PM Pohiva’s proposed Cabinet lineup
NUKU’ALOFA-January 8, 2018: 4.10pm (Nuku’alofa Times): Prime Minister ‘Akilisi Pohiva will also take up the Foreign Affairs, Public Service Commission and Defense portfolios, according to the proposed Cabinet lineup sent to His Majesty King Tupou VI.
Nuku’alofa Times received the lineup today and is awaiting the official confirmation.
Following his appointment as PM by King Tupou VI last week Mr Pohiva then sent in his proposed Cabinet lineup.
The Cabinet lineup is as follows:
- Hon Pohiva – PM, Minister of Foreign Affairs, PSC and Defense
- Hon Semisi Sika – Deputy Prime Minister and Miniser of Infrastrtcure and Tourism.
- Lord Ma’afu – Minister of Lands, Survey and Mineral Resources
- Hon Saia Piukala – Minister of Health and Works
- Hon Dr Pohiva Tu’ionetoa – Minister of Finance and National Planning
- Hon Semisi Fakahau – Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries, Food and Forestry
- Hon Penisimani Fifita – Minister of Education and Training
- Hon Vuna Fa’otusia – Minister of Law (Justice) and Prisons
- Hon Mateni Tapueluelu – Minister of Police, Fire Services and Revenue
- Hon Poasi Tei – Minister of MEIDECC
- Hon Akosita Lavulavu – Minister of Internal Affairs
- Mr Tu’I Uata – Minister of Labour, Commerce and Technology
The Cabinet lineup has one female member in Hon Lavulavu and one un-elected Member of Parliament in Mr Uata.
Environment network elect officials, register office in Tonga
NUKU’ALOFA – May 9, 2018: 4.30pm (PEJN): The Pacific Environment Journalist Network (PEJN) has electedRead More
Pohiva say some media personnel are supporting efforts to remove him
NUKU’ALOFA – May 9, 2018: 4.15pm (ISLANDS BUSINESS): A petition has been distributed in TongaRead More